Applications for this category of competition will be divided into 2 groups according to the following sub-headings:
1-Beekeeping Products, Materials, Prototypes, etc.
All products, devices, prototypes, etc. with innovative, practical and sustainable features different from the existing products developed in order to address a shortcoming in the sector will be evaluated in this field.
2- Method, System, Technique, etc.
Applications, such as a different method, technique, application, system or design, which are suitable for use in any field of the beekeeping sector, will be evaluated in this field.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
- A sample will be sent from the product which has been applied to the first group. In addition, the following information should be sent with the product in writing on a paper in an envelope that cannot be read from the outside.
Name and Surname of the Product/Method Developer
Method / Product Name
Method / Product Purpose
Its Contribution to the Beekeeping Sector
How It Works / Usage
- Applications for the second group will be presented on a poster of 50 x 70 cm in size with an abstract and figures, which can be exhibited in the competition hall.
- The participation fee is 50.-Euro and the fee can be sent with the product in cash or deposited to the Congress bank account.
- The participant pays for the shipping costs.
- Entry deadline for the competition is September 30, 2018. The jury Meeting date is September 07, 2018 and the award ceremony will be held on October 16, 2018.
- Shipping address:
Muğla Province Beekeepers Association
Muslihittin Mah. Cemal Karamuğla Sok.
No: 100 Merkez / Muğla / Turkey
- Works, which were previously exhibited in any competition or received prizes, honorable mentions, and special awards, are not allowed to participate in the competition. Otherwise, the rule violation process is applied to the participant. The participant agrees and declares that the work(s) he/she sends to the competition is wholly owned by him/her and the necessary permits have been obtained along with other matters. Behaviors contrary to this is considered a violation of the rule. Violation of the rule procedure is applied to the participant who has made all kinds of interference and changes in the product/method sent to the competition to make it appear as if it is his/her own and mislead the selective board. The prize, title, exhibition right and all other things gained by the participant determined to violate the rules are taken back and his/her award and/or exhibition are canceled. If awarded, the prize winner is asked to return the prize. This cancellation does not entitle the other competitors who received and/or did not receive a prize any right to claim.
- Prize winners and those who rank at the top will be announced on the Congress website on the date of the results announcement.
- The winners should receive their awards by attending the Congress in person. If participation is not ensured, the selection board may award the prize to the next alternate winner from the participants who owns a work.
- The products applied will be exhibited throughout the Congress in the innovative competition hall.
- Factors that will cause the application to be disqualified:
- If it is not completed according to the guidelines outlined above,
- If it is not uploaded before/on the last date specified on the website of the Congress,
- If it does not comply with the rules stated on the Congress-competitions page.
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS
The criteria to be considered in the evaluation of the applications are listed below. Each application will receive 1 point out of 10 full points in all items and the winners will have the highest overall score. The total score will be in the range of 0-80 as a result of the scoring criteria that will be under eight headings.
- Definition of the Problem: Product or the model put forward will address which shortcoming in the sector? Are the ideas and the purpose set forth discussed clearly? Are social or market needs to be expressed clearly? Is the ecosystem surrounding the problem clearly understood?
- User and Customer Description: Does the product reflect the opinions of users or customers? Is the user and customer profile well-defined?
- Product Description: Is the product or model referenced clearly described? Does it offer a clear solution to meet sectoral needs?
- Innovation: What are its different aspects of the current approaches and products? How innovative is it? Are solutions applicable and sustainable in the sectoral field? Does it inspire for new products to be produced in this field?
- Sustainability: Has a plan been developed in terms of sustainability?
- Social-Sectoral Impact Potential: Does the product clearly identify a sectoral problem, deficiency, need, etc. and make life/work better for the target group?
- Team: Does the team, manufacturer, individual etc. have the required level of expertise and experience in order to achieve their goals? Has the team worked with a strong group of consultants and/or partners?
- Presentation: Was the presentation of the product or model given well and professionally?